Banking With an international perspective
If you live or work overseas or travel frequently, you'll need something more than a domestic bank account.
That's why we created iBank. It's an international and offshore banking service with flexibility that allows you to manage and control your finances from almost anywhere in the world.
iBank provides you with everything from day to day banking facilities to more specialised financial services, all backed by the extensive worldwide resources of Barclays.
With iBank, you get:
- International cheque accounts in a range of currencies
- Sterling debit card and a deferred debit card (also available in US dollars and euros)
- International Telephone and Online Banking service
- Quick, easy and secure international payments, with discounts if you make them online
- Access to a wide range of saving and investment products
- Access to personal loans, and mortgages to help you buy a property in the UK or elsewhere
- All the help and advice you need, courtesy of our experienced Personal Bankers
- Option to base your account in London, Jersey, the Isle of Man or Gibraltar.
Apply for iBank
iBank is available for a low monthly fee of £10 (US$16.50 or €14.50). See our tariff for details of the iBank fee in other currencies.
To qualify you will need to deposit and maintain a balance of £5,000 or more (or currency equivalent) in cash or investments across your Barclays international banking accounts. You can open your account for as little as £100, and accounts can be held in sole or joint names.
Note: If you're a resident of Gibraltar or Nigeria, there are some country differences in the eligibility criteria and/or the services we can offer you. Contact us for further details.
† Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week except for 25 December when the lines are closed. Call costs may vary - please check with your telecoms provider. Calls may be recorded so that we can monitor the quality of our service and for security purposes.
The products and services described on this page are provided by the following companies, which are part of Barclays: Barclays Bank PLC in London and Barclays Private Clients International Limited in the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. For further Information on these companies and Barclays please read the Important Information.
Products and services on this site may not be available in certain jurisdiction. In particular, these products and services are not being offered in Japan or the United States or to US residents. For full details of exclusions and disclaimers please see the Important Information before proceeding. Each Barclays company reserves the right to make a final determination on whether or not you are eligible for any particular product or service.