Offshore banking online
Barclays online banking with offshore benefits
By keeping your money in an offshore account in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you may benefit in the following ways:
- Potential tax planning opportunities. Normally your interest will be paid gross of tax, so your savings will grow more quickly. However, you may be required to pay tax in the country where you are resident or elsewhere depending on your individual circumstances1
- Safety. You'll minimise any risk to your savings and investments by holding them in a stable political and economic environment
- Flexibility. Accounts in a wide range of currencies allow you to manage your financial affairs in the currencies of your choice. It's also easy to make international money transfers around the world.
When combined with International Telephone and Online Banking, the benefits of having an offshore banking account become even more pronounced. At any time of the day or night2, you can use our offshore services online to:
- Check the balance of your accounts
- Enquire about transactions
- Transfer money between your Barclays accounts in any currency
- Make payments up to a maximum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) per payment
- Pay bills to most companies with UK banking facilities
- Set up and amend both UK and international standing orders
- Order cheque books, paying-in books and replacement credit or debit cards.
Telephone banking offers a more personal service and is based at our UK-based call centre, open during normal UK office hours.
How offshore online banking operates
Offshore banking simply means banking in a jurisdiction other than the country you reside in. An offshore bank account offers a greater degree of capital security in an uncertain world.
To take advantage of offshore online banking, all you need is a Mac or PC and internet access.
Offshore banking services - what Barclays International Banking offers
Our offshore banking services are ideal if you are working overseas, living or retiring abroad, or simply looking for a safe haven for your funds outside your home country. You benefit from:
- A wide range of international banking products and services, available in major currencies
- Guidance from our team of specially trained Personal Bankers who are specially trained to understand the needs of offshore clients
- Easy access and control through International Telephone and Online Banking
- Discounted international online payments
- Investment and mortgage advice from our specialist advisers.
Offshore current account
Our International Bank Account is the foundation of our day-to-day banking service and offers multi-currency options including sterling, US dollars and euros. We can also set up standing orders and direct debits for you and, should you want one, give you a cheque book.
Offshore savings and investments
As a customer of Barclays International Banking, you'll have access to our savings and investment solutions including:
- International Saver and International Saver Plus
- Treasury Deposit Account
- Currency Call Deposit Accounts
- Structured Products.
- Remember the value of investments can fall. You may get back less than you have invested.
1 You have sole responsibility for the management of your tax and legal affairs, including making any applicable filings and payments and complying with any applicable laws and regulations. We have not provided and will not provide you with tax or legal advice and recommend that you obtain your own independent tax and legal advice tailored to your individual circumstances.
2 Access may be limited in some countries due to the prohibited transmission of encrypted data over telephone lines. Please contact your local embassy to check your country's legal position.
† Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week except for 25 December when the lines are closed. Call costs may vary - please check with your telecoms provider. Calls may be recorded so that we can monitor the quality of our service and for security purposes.
The products and services described on this page are provided by the following companies, which are part of Barclays: Barclays Bank PLC in London and Barclays Private Clients International Limited in the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. For further Information on these companies and Barclays please read the Important Information.
Products and services on this site may not be available in certain jurisdictions. In particular, these products and services are not being offered in Japan or the United States or to US residents. For full details of exclusions and disclaimers please see the Important Information before proceeding. Each Barclays company reserves the right to make a final determination on whether or not you are eligible for any particular product or service.